PE and Sport Premium
From September 2013, the government provided additional funding for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport within primary phase schools.
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary aged pupils (Years 1 to 6), as recorded in the autumn 2022 census.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer but have the freedom to choose how they do this.
The 5 key areas that Larchwood is focusing on are:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Detailed breakdown of final expenditure and impact - PE and Sports Premium 22/23 Final Expenditure and Impact.
If you would like to read more information about the Sport Premium, please click this link.
Year 6 – Swimming
100% could perform safe self-rescue
72% can swim 25m
58% can swim 25m using a range of strokes confidently
Assessment carried out at the Brentwood Centre.