PE and Sport Premium
From September 2013, the government provided additional funding for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport within primary phase schools.
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary aged pupils (Years 1 to 6), as recorded in the autumn 2020 census.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer but have the freedom to choose how they do this.
The 5 key areas that Larchwood is focusing on are:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Detailed breakdown of the proposed expenditure and desired impact - PE and Sports Premium 20/21
If you would like to read more information about the Sport Premium, please click this link.
Year 6 (2018/19) – Swimming
100% could perform safe self-rescue
83% can swim 25m using one or more of the strokes
47% can swim 25m using a range of strokes confidently
Assessment carried out in July 2018 at the Brentwood Centre.
Please note we were not able to fully assess children's swimming in 2019/20 due to the coronavirus pandemic.