From September 2013, the government provided additional funding for Physical Education (PE) and sport. This funding should be used to improve provision of Physical Education (PE) and sport within primary phase schools.
Funding for schools is calculated by reference to the number of primary aged pupils (Years 1 to 6), as recorded in the autumn 2017 census.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer but have the freedom to choose how they do this.
The 5 key areas that Larchwood is focusing on are:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Detailed breakdown of the proposed expenditure and desired impact - PE and Sport Premium 2017-18
If you would like to read more information about the Sport Premium, please click this link.